The project will address the field of ethics and values education and focus on empowering Early Childhood Care and Education (ECEC) pre-school and primary School Professionals to learn about values based on 3 pillars:
- ethic values (personal values – one “self”);
- democratic values (as we live in society –One “self and the others”)
- environmental values (as we live in the planet earth).
The main phases:
- After reviewing the state of the art of the current provision for 0-6 and 7-11 regarding learning about ethics, values education (EVE) and critical thinking, we will develop open educational resources and peer-to-peer learning methods with an aim to enhance the professional development of those working or active in the school education sector by increasing the quality and range of initial and continuing training.
- Design innovative practices in 0-6 and 7-11 school education in the field of ethics and values education, developing and promoting innovative learning approaches;
- Create a resource centre on ethics, values and critical thinking education aimed at increasing the awareness on the importance of moral obligations and social values so as to strengthen its educational structures in a system of values supported by all relevant stakeholders.